Community Innovator Pitch Night
Thank you for registering to deliver a community innovation idea for our Pitch Night on Tuesday, 12th October at the MADCOTA Community Hub, 333 Alice St Maryborough, commencing at 5:00pm.
To ensure we give each participant the best opportunity, each pitcher should meet with Cate Akaveka, the Community Development Manager from HBNC, prior to the event to ensure all criteria are covered and you are eligible to present your innovative idea.
Your innovative idea must meet the following criteria to be considered to present at the Pitch Night:
- Must address a current social issue.
- Must have community partnerships.
- Must be ready to deliver within six month.
A panel of judges will be assessing your pitch on the night to decide who will win the Community Innovator Award of $2,500 to support the implementation of your idea. The panel will be using the following criteria:
- Clearly addresses an identified community need.
- Clearly understands the ecosystem surrounding the community need (eg: local statistics, local partners, diversity, etc).
- Identifies key impact measures to evaluate the outcomes of the idea.
- Innovative idea is sustainable into the future.
- Cleary implements evidence based practices.
- Delivers within the 5 minute timeframe.
Your pitch will also be filmed and streamed for Community Voting until the 27th of October at 7:00am. The pitch with the most votes at this closing time will receive $2,500 to support the implementation of their idea. You will need to promote your own idea to gather community votes.
Please arrive at the venue by 5pm to ensure we can accommodate the set up of your presentation. You are able to deliver a PowerPoint presentation and are encouraged to engage the audience appropriately.
If you have any other questions please contact Cate on or 4194 3000..